Franklin---- Mrs. Eleanor S. Lewis, 87, of 29 Baldwin Street, Franklin, and formerly of Old Lake Shore Road, Gilford, died Saturday, March 13, 2004 at the Franklin Regional Hospital.
Mrs. Lewis was born September 5, 1916 in Arlington, MA the daughter of the late Ernest G. and Ada (Gray) Shumway. She graduated from Arlington High School in 1934 and from Stoneleigh Jr. College, Rye Beach, NH in 1936. She was employed at Reed Teacher's Agency in Boston, MA for many years.
Mrs. Lewis lived in Westboro, MA from 1945 until 1960, moving to Waterville, Maine in 1960. In Waterville, Maine she was employed at Stearns Dept. Store for many years. She later lived in Gilford for a number of years and was a member of the Gilford Community Church in Gilford.
Survivors include her husband of 58 years Elmer C. Lewis of Franklin, a son Robert G. Lewis and his wife Debbie of Vero Beach, Fla.; a daughter Deborah L. Robichaud and her husband Alan J. of Belmont; 2 grandchildren Abbe Robichaud and Evan Robichaud; a sister Ernestine Melcher of Laconia.
There are no calling hours.
A Memorial services will be held at a late date.
In lieu of flowers memorial donations may be made to Golden Crest Activities Fund, 29 Baldwin Street, Franklin, NH 03235.
The Wilkinson-Beane Funeral Home & Cremation Services is in charge of the arrangements.